Friday, April 28, 2023

A Sobering Look at Family Law Court Practices

 In 2019, I was contacted by another parent who was filing a complaint against the recommending mediator I had used. He shared shocking information with me about his case and encouraged me to file a complaint against the recommending mediator. More on that in another post.

After talking for some time, he asked if I had heard of and watched the documentary called Divorce Corp, a documentary that (taken from the video details itself) "uncovers how children are torn from their homes, unlicensed custody evaluators extort money, and abusive judges play god with people’s lives while enriching their friends. This explosive documentary reveals the family courts as unregulated, extra-constitutional fiefdoms. Rather than assist victims of domestic crimes, these courts often precipitate them. And rather than help parents and children move on, as they are mandated to do, these courts - and their associates - drag out cases for years, sometimes decades, ultimately resulting in a rash of social ills, including home foreclosure, bankruptcy, suicide and violence. Solutions to the crisis are sought out in countries where divorce is handled in a more holistic manner." (see link to watch documentary below)

I had never seen or heard of this documentary and it had already been 10 years since my case started. I went ahead and watched it with my husband and we were horrified! I was heartbroken for my children and for so many other children who have been used by these people in power. If more parents could see this when they were considering filing for divorce, I wondered if it would make a difference on how they approached the divorce itself. You can imagine how difficult it is for children who are used in this abusive and manipulative manner to feel whole and healthy, much less be able to function well and make positive choices as they are trying to grapple with the basics of growing up through childhood. It is absolutely devastating to consider!!

So here is my plea. If you or someone you know is considering divorce, please have them watch this documentary. We actually paid the $4.00 to buy it, but I'm sure it is either free or nominal to rent. I am including the link here. I would be interested in hearing what others think about the documentary and if it would make a difference on your choices for filing for divorce or fighting for custody within the family law system.

Folks, our children are worth so much more! If there is any way to keep them out of this system, let's try to work together to make this happen. If you want help and I can provide some support or prayer, please reach out. As adults, we can do better for our children, especially when seemingly qualified people in power positions are making money off of us and our kids while we are overstressed, overwhelmed, and depleted of time, resources and finances.

I am praying for resolutions, healing, miracles, restoration, redemption, and sanctification where it is applicable. May God be with all of us as we navigate these treacherous waters.

Joyfully for God's glory,

Ashley

Philippians 4:8 "Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy, meditate on these things." nkjv

Mark 9:42 "Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it is better for him if a heavy millstone is hung around his neck and he is thrown into the sea." nasb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I will review it and either post it with a response, post it for others to view and respond, or let you know it won’t be published. Please be kind in your commenting. I pray that you are being blessed.
Joyfully,
Ashley